Moreland Hills resident Carly Israel Borstein originally hoped to gather about a thousand pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls shoe drive. Soles4Soles is a global nonprofit organization that collects shoes and clothing for those in need. Instead, with the help of the community, Borstein managed to collect 17,500 pairs for the cause.
“It was amazing,” the mother of three said, “what blew me away was the community. Some people said ‘I have 50 pairs in my house.” Borstein has about 50 collection sites, with all types of shoes being acceptable to be donated to the worthy cause.
Wearing properly fitted shoes can serve to prevent injuries and adverse conditions to your legs and feet. Dr. Zahid Ladha, F.A.C.F.A.S. of Foot First Podiatry can help size your feet and provide recommendations on the best exercise footwear so they remain healthy, and can provide care should you develop any foot problems.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people that wear shoes that are ill-fitting, which affects their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to selecting the right pair.
· When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot
· When measuring your foot with your shoe on, add 1-2 inches to the size
· Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes
· Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently
· Purchase shoes later in the day as your feet swell as the day progresses
· If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
If you have any questions, contact our office located in New Albany, IN. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.
Read the full article on Choosing the Right Shoe Size.