Posts for tag: fallen arches
The generic orthotics that you can buy at your pharmacy or shoe store have their purpose, but they may only provide temporary improvement. Custom orthotics are molded to the specific contours of your foot, making for a much better fit than with the mass produced variety.
Some of the benefits of custom orthotics include the following:
- They are much more comfortable—and treat conditions more effectively than the generics. A digital gait analysis can be performed to scan your whole foot and help to produce a mold that will be used to make the custom inserts.
- Custom orthotics treat a wide variety of foot conditions—From flat feet, fallen arches and balance issues, to bunions and plantar fasciitis, custom orthotics can help. Problems with ankle instability and tendinitis can also be addressed. Often, the right footwear and a properly designed and placed orthotic is all that is needed to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Injury prevention—Athletes who are more susceptible to foot and ankle injuries can benefit from the use of custom orthotics, which provide the proper support and help the feet to function in a stressful environment without pain and discomfort.
- More durable—Your custom orthotics are made with much more durable components than the store bought variety, and will therefore last longer so you don’t have to buy new ones every year.
- Diabetic foot care—Custom orthotics combined with a special shoe are very beneficial for diabetic patients since they can be molded for specific foot issues like foot ulcers, calluses, and corns.
Whether you are a runner trying to prevent injuries, or are experiencing pain and discomfort in your feet and ankles, custom orthotics can improve your foot function and help diminish the pain. At Foot First Podiatry in New Albany, IN, our highly qualified podiatrist Dr. Zahid Ladha, D.P.M. is dedicated to providing the best diagnostic care and medical treatment for you and your feet. Contact us at (812) 945-9221 and schedule an appointment today!